Role: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, KS (remote applicants will be considered)
The purpose of this role:
- To educate and motivate existing and potential donors and volunteers to support our programs by investing their time and money through powerful copywriting
- Writing copy for all emails, mailers, social media platforms, reports, campaigns etc.
- To create email campaigns, copy for ads, and be the internal go-to person for anything that needs your direct marketing copywriting skills.
Who You Are:
- You love to nurture relationships through your words.
- You have experience and understanding of what makes an email easily accessible.
- You know how to connect to an audience to help them know, like and trust a brand.
- You can shape the voice of a brand.
- Your writing can open minds to new possibilities.
- You know how to instill belief and offer unique perspectives leading to increased optimism.
- You have a desire to have a direct impact on thousands of donors
- You enjoy setting a standard of excellence for others to follow.
Who We Are:
Mercy Without Limits is a humanitarian nonprofit organization that is committed to providing a better life
for orphans and widows in the Middle East and South Asia. MWL was established in 2012 and has grown
to have over 700 employees worldwide, and 8 offices overseas. We are looking for dedicated team
members to join our growth and build on to what we have been able to accomplish.
Based out of Kansas, our work has grown and taken us all around the world in areas of high orphan
populations. We provide the fundamental tools for the short-term and long-term survival of our orphans,
widows, and refugees. Our dedicated staff has done an incredible job at expanding our outreach while
strengthening our programs and services to meet the needs of each community we serve. Our goal is
to insure our orphans and their communities will continue to have access to clear water, food assistance,
education, and other needed necessities.
Despite the many challenges our orphans, widows, and refugees face on a daily basis, they are fortunate
to have many loyal supporters who are committed to providing them with tools for their continued growth
and prosperity. We believe together we can make a difference in the lives of others.
- You’ll produce a library of email content that we can send out to our donor segments
- You’ll produce a library of social media content that we can send out on various platforms
- You will write our annual report
- You will write copy for program specific reports
- You will write copy for our mail campaigns
- You will work alongside the team to design campaigns and write copy for them
- Excellent writing ability
- Strategic thinker
- Creative thinker
- Analytical skills
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Desire for growth and professional development
- A good team player
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing or related subject
- 2+ experience in writing positions
- Preferred: experience in non-profit copywriting
- Track record of success producing content and copy
- Balancing a heavy workload
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate proficiency with digital trafficking systems/google analytics
- Salesforce proficiency is a plus
All interested applicants should email their resume, a cover letter, and three professional
references. Cover letter must outline:
- Why you are interested in this position.
- How your values align with our mission.
- A highlight to your professional and/or personal experiences that make you a good fit for this position
- And salary requirements.
Please email documents to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.